Live, Love, and Learn through our quality end of life support
Caregiver Stress Checklist
When caring for someone with a life limiting illness you may be putting your own health at risk. Your journey as a caregiver will include many twists and turns, and at times can be stressful. Because your loved one depends on you, your health and well-being are important.
Feelings to consider on your journey…
- Feel like you have to do it all yourself and/or that you should be doing more?
- Withdraw from family, friends and activities that you previously enjoyed?
- Worry that the person you care for is safe?
- Feel anxious about money?
- Fell anxious about healthcare decisions you are being faced with?
- Having difficulty accepting the impact of the disease and its effects on your family?
- Feel grief or sadness that your relationship with the person is not what it was in the past?
- Get frustrated and angry when the person with dementia continually repeats things or stories?
- Having you developed your own health problems that are taking a toll on you mentally and physically?
If you are experiencing a few, or many of the above feelings, please feel free to contact your local Comfort Hospice for ideas on how to gain support.